Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert and transmit selected returned/extensions/payments failed

jasontran
Level 3

Hello,

After i ran the final error then go to e-file and transmit the returned but i got this message. "Convert and Transmit selected returns/extensions/payments failed.  The return has NO error. What could be wrong?  

thank you

jason

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

If the return looks good, try disabling the error checking feature when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
mabe
Level 1

That doesn't work either, the system still refuses to convert or transmit

0 Cheers
jasontran
Level 3

i was disabling the error checking but it does not work. Still fails to convert and transmit the return.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Let's back up a step or two.  Based on your wording, it sounds like you are trying to convert and transmit in one step.  So I'm not sure if it is a conversion issue or a transmission issue.  Try doing it in two steps.  Try converting the file for e-filing.  If that works, then go to the second step and try transmitting the return.  That way we can see where there hiccup is.  Before you do that though, try rebooting your computer.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Have you verified your PTIN?   it's a new step this year

Tools > Options > Firm/Preparer Info      check the pink box

mabe
Level 1

I contacted  Support via telephone and got things moving correctly.

0 Cheers
jasontran
Level 3

Yes I did 

0 Cheers
jasontran
Level 3

Hold time was more than one hour. I could not wait.

0 Cheers