Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client transfer from 19 to 20 problem

FTPhil
Level 3

Has the problem with transferring clients from 19 to 20 been fixed?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are a glutton for punishment, transfer the files now.  If you would like to have smoother sailing when you actually start processing returns, you will wait until January before you transfer the returns.  Intuit always has bugs that come back and bite folks in the new year when they transfer files this early.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are a glutton for punishment, transfer the files now.  If you would like to have smoother sailing when you actually start processing returns, you will wait until January before you transfer the returns.  Intuit always has bugs that come back and bite folks in the new year when they transfer files this early.

Slava Ukraini!
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

The Unknown (146) transfer error was fixed in last weeks update.

The Unknown (120) transfer error that occurs when someone uses the unofficial extension change method to import TY19 TurboTax 1065s will be fixed in the December release (~16th).

In the error data we collect (which is new this year), I do see a few other edge case errors (25741, 539, 604, 219, 10250).   If you are experiencing any of those, please specify and I'll have someone reach out to try to resolve (helping us identify what the problem is so that we can address it).

roguma
Level 1

I have error 25741 when I try to transfer from 2019

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hi, I'm sorry for the frustration. Is it a 1040 return, or something else? With what states?

Can you email a sanitized copy of the return to proseries_engineering@intuit.com (that process removes all personal information, but will hopefully allow us to reproduce the issue)

- Open ProSeries Tax Year 2019

- Select the file that's failing to transfer

- Right click and choose Sanitize

- Email the file it created to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

0 Cheers
FTPhil
Level 3

Orlando,

My issue was resolved by waiting. All but 1 of my clients transferred, and I was able to delete and re-transfer that client.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Ok, thank you for following up!

0 Cheers