Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client template for returning clients

I am in the process of setting up a new client template for all my individual and corporate clients. 

When I set up the new clients the template updates are being applied. For my returning clients, when I transfer their data from the 2020 year ProSeries tax software it is not being applied.

Please let me know if the software will be updated so the new template created for the 2021 year will be applied to the personal and business clients being transferred from the 2020 year. If this will be done please advise on a timeframe so I can plan the transfers of files with the template updates and send out the tax organizers, etc..

Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

Sincerely,

Paul Stramberg

5 Comments 5
Accountant-Man
Level 13

You should NOT be transferring 1040s into 2021 yet. Wait until January. 

The software has too many unknowns about last year's stimulus, CTC prepayments, etc.

Period. Do not transfer yet. There will be multiple updates THROUGHOUT tax season.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Accountant-Man
Level 13

What do you mean by a client template? Software? A pre planned PS input form? And how does template get applied by PS?

abctax55
Level 15

@Accountant-Man - it looks like something new they've come up with:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/product-setup/help/create-a-template-with-standard-informati...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Accountant-Man
Level 13

So the presidential campaign fund box can be standardized, although many people don't check it at all. And not all of my clients come from the same city.

And it won't work on the 500+ clients I already have.

No thanks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Editing the client template has been around for a looong time.  But the changes to the client template have always been for new clients only, I dont think they can make these changes to existing client files.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers