Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Status update

jbrewercpa
Level 2

Why doesn't the Client Status update when I check a new box & enter a new date?  Home Base Status does not update.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

@Orlando - update to prior post.  Date Final Printed does populate if you go back into the file and F9-F10.  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
BobKamman
Level 15

Do you then "Save" the return when you close it?

kst843
Level 3

This is fixed in the updates for today!

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

@Orlando - Client Status was finally fixed but Date Final Printed will not populate in 1120S HomeBase. It does populate in 1040 and 1065 (haven't done any 1041's yet). Can you check on when this will be fixed?

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

@Orlando - update to prior post.  Date Final Printed does populate if you go back into the file and F9-F10.  

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the follow up. I believe that's what is expected:

• Any file that had already been updated will need to be open & saved again for that state to propagate to the homebase (which is what the homebase shows)
  • Going forward it should happen automatically for any new files when that state is changed

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for the patience.

If you're wondering, for performance reasons the information in each client file is cached in a database on your system.  The homebase view shows that cached information - it's way faster that way, vs having to open & read all the information from every file each time you show a view.  The downside is that the program has to keep the database in sync with the files.  Usually (hopefully) you don't notice or care about this stuff, but this year we had to switch to a new modern database. In doing so, we missed a few things like propagating that status date for the 1120s. We audited the system and think we are now good to go, but if you notice anything else let us know.

0 Cheers
michelleloper
Level 2

We are having the same problem still with the Homebase not updating.  Homebase maintenance is not fixing the problem.. Can you tell me how to fix this without having to go into each individual client file again and saving?  Thank you.

0 Cheers
Sergi
Level 1

Same issues here, hard for staff to know whats oging on if every one says filed or extension filed... 

0 Cheers