Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client sold truck; purchase $33000, deprec 17437, basis 15563, sale price $21,000. Wkst says deprec too high for disposition calculations? 4797 has $38437 gain & 0 cost

kpscpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You are welcome.  I'm glad that making it show 100% for business fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Was this vehicle 100% business use?  Or was is a 'shared' personal and business vehicle, and the business percentage varied from year to year?
0 Cheers
kpscpa
Level 1
100% farm/business...  sorry had to feed the cows!
0 Cheers
kpscpa
Level 1
I must have keyed something wrong, never had this problem before
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Double check that it is showing 100% business, and that you didn't enter any personal miles.

If that is correct, I don't know why it is doing that.  Perhaps try deleting the entire asset and re-enter it?
0 Cheers
kpscpa
Level 1
That fixed it...  he had zero miles for 2018.  Literally sold it off farm 1/1/18.  I put down 1 mile and it's fine now!  THANKS!!!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You are welcome.  I'm glad that making it show 100% for business fixed the problem.

0 Cheers