Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Restore Issue

30 year user
Level 2

I am moving my 2018 program from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  I've done this similar procedure many times before. I installed the 2018 program from scratch in Windows 10 then try to restore my client files.

I am aware of having to install the state programs in the new install which I did.  For some reasons it will not install all of the files in my home  base, maybe 75% of them. No pop ups or warnings. Anyone have a solution?? I've never had this problem in the past 30 years. Is it a computer issue? Has all the minimum or better requirements.  Help!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not all states are available for download/install yet, are they...wait you said 2018, nevermind.  And youre looking in a regular HB view, not the EFcenter, right?

What method did you use to backup the files?  Do all of them appear on your flashdrive (or whatever you stored them on)?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
30 year user
Level 2
Regular HB view. Transferred them from a flash drive to a folder in Documents.
Then used RESTORE to transfer to HB.
I’ve done it for years using this method with no issues other than some missing State software.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you tried running Homebase Database Maintenance? 

or checked the file number count on the flashdrive...did they all get backed up but not restored, or did they all not get backed up.

30 year user
Level 2
Yes, I did Maintenance . I also did the count.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So they all made it to the flashdrive, but just wont restore?  Very weird.  Have you tried to restore any of the missing ones alone, one at a time?  Do they restore that way? or do you see them in the 18Data folder on the new computer but they just dont appear in HB?

30 year user
Level 2
Sometimes one at a time works, sometimes it does not. They do make it to 18 Data Folder but not to homebase.
I thought the program install via the CD was corrupt so I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. No luck. I’m going to try the process on another computer and see what happens there.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Very odd, let us know what happens!   Ive been using Proseries for decades as well and Ive always been  the one to do all the transferring onto new computers for my office and another tax office in town (hes not too computer savvy), I don't remember ever having this happen.

There is a Homebase TuneUp, I've never used it before, so Im not really sure what it does.

lbj-2017
Level 2

I am having a similar issue where none of my corporate returns Are restored - only 1040s.  How did you resolve the issue?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you switch over to the 1120 Homebase View then run Homebase Database Maintenance?

lbj-2017
Level 2

Thank you!!!  I have not and it did fix a couple of years.  The instructions I have does not mention the HB maintenance step so Thank you again.

0 Cheers