Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for document that explains Box 14 Codes.Client has a "K" code for box 14. I want to understand what that means

nmr12354
Level 3

Where can I find what code "K" means in Box 14 on the W-2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Client has to ask the employer. Employer can put anything in that box. There are no standard codes.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

Client has to ask the employer. Employer can put anything in that box. There are no standard codes.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
Look on the back of the W-2 form. K is usually dental & vision for government entities. As stated by @sjrcpa it could be something or anything else.
0 Cheers
nmr12354
Level 3
Thank you, I didn't have the back but asked the client to supply one. It said the same thing. Thank you
0 Cheers
6berniecstllo29
Level 1

W2   the entry-amount on box 14 with code k is supposed to be Pretax vision  and Dental deduction

Why did it flow thru on form 1040 line 23 as excise tax-golden parachute?  Added TAX

HELP

0 Cheers
6berniecstllo29
Level 1

Why Code "K" on W2 described as "Pretax Vision and Dental Deduction"

This flows thru tax return 1040, schedule 2 as additional tax, line 17 Other Taxes, 

Line K Golden Parachute payments

Help anyone???

0 Cheers
6berniecstllo29
Level 1

W2  code "K" as described "Pretax Vision and Dental Deduction

This should not be an added tax as Golden Parachute payment

am I making any sense?

0 Cheers