Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client file has disappeared from the home base

dsocpa
Level 5

A client file I started a couple weeks ago has disappeared.  I've searched through the directory using "restore" but it's no where to be found?  How does that happen?  Anyway I 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When in home base view, click on HomeBase, and scroll down to data base maintenance, and see if that helps

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not trying to be snarky, and Ive done this myself on more than one occasion...is it possible that when you closed the file you hit NO on the option to Save instead of hitting YES?

Do you remember the file name? Can you use Windows File Explorer to search the entire computer for that file name?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Quick answer...……………….  Gremlins.

Otherwise, you may have inadvertently deleted the client name...  search on the social sec no or just look for a client with a missing or incorrect name.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Just-Lisa-Now-  Just a FYI, when you exit a client file it doesn't matter if you answer yes or no on the save question. That question only works if you start a new client, and this is the first time you have exited that client. for other clients that you have opened and exited  more then once it does not delete the client.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
well, they said they started a client, maybe it was a new client that didnt get named/saved? If it was given a file name they should be able to find some version of it somewhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dsocpa
Level 5

Thank you everyone for the responses.  Unfortunately, I posted a different question which I don't think ever went through.  This was an old post no longer relevant.......  Not sure what happened but the post that was intended for this community was regarding ProSeries Basic 2020 which will not install on my computer.  No problem with Professional PS 2020.

0 Cheers