Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client file disappeared

SPedrazzi
Level 2

We are having a problem in our office with one client file - as I efiled it, the federal was approved and the state (CA) came up with errors. I handed it off to my colleague who then tried to open it (after I had closed it) and the return completely disappeared from all of our computers. 

Accidentally deleted? Maybe. 

I check all of the computers in our office to see if the return ended up in someone's recycle bin but nothing. 

This client also has an organizer file which still appears with no problems. 

Also worth noting, error code 117 pops up every now and then but I cannot find any resources as to what this error message may mean. 

Any help is appreciated

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
PATAX
Level 15

Look towards the bottom of the e-file module list... There have been other posts on this and for some reason sometimes clients may be moved to the bottom of the list.. Sometimes it may be split up, ie the federal and the state may be separated on the e-file module list... just my opinion...

0 Cheers
SPedrazzi
Level 2

Thank you for your response - I tried this and still do not see it unfortunately 😞 

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Hi SPedrazzi,

Have you by chance tried running HomeBase Maintenance: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/damaged-data/help/performing-database-maintenance/00/4345

If running HomeBase Maintenance does not resolve your issue, the files may be in the 20Data folder as .tmp files. Refer to the Recovering Missing Converted Client Files section of this article: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/file-actions/help/error-opening-client-cannot-locate-file-wo...

Also, for our information, could you provide what Anti-Virus program you are using in your office?

- Angela

0 Cheers