Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client email on bottom of 1040

TNT1
Level 3

I just noticed that printing a 1040 in Proseries Basic includes a clients email address on the bottom of the 1040. How can I prevent this?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Camp1040
Level 10

Remove the email address from the federal information worksheet.

PATAX
Level 15

@Camp1040 @TNT1 👍 that information is not required and not necessary to electronically file a federal return but there are a few States, like WV, I believe that do want the email address...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Started in an update a month or 2 ago.  No options to block it from appearing on the paper return, whether or not it gets sent with an Efiled return, I have no idea.   

I just know I dont want IRS or state tax agencies to ever Email any of my clients, so I dont collect them within the tax program.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Lisa before e-filing their return print a copy and if that email address prints then it is probably being efiled also

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

The email address is still printing even after overriding, deleting and saving tax return in ProSeries Professional.   If removed from the worksheet, it will print without it, but you will have to re-enter the email address for future use

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

You can't override the email address you have to delete it, like it has never been there. I have my clients email address in my contacts and excel, I don't enter it on the federal information worksheet.

0 Cheers
TNT1
Level 3

How about a check box next to the email asking if you want the email to be included on the filed return.

tax456
Level 4

TNT1: best answer or solution yet

0 Cheers