Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client does not have a refund after the return was accepted in early February

nmr12354
Level 3

Filed return and it was accepted on February 13, 2021 per form 9325. Client still does not have refund in their bank account. I have checked SSN, routing number and bank account number. All are correct. In checking "Where is my refund ? "  it appears that the return does not exist. Any idea on my next steps.  On the form 9325 there is a submission number. Is there a place where that can be checked?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
BobKamman
Level 15

How many dependents of what type?  How many credits and which ones?  IRS has more filters these days than R J Reynolds. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident:  That not all tax returns are created equal . . ." 

nmr12354
Level 3

Single, Recovery rebate credit

0 Cheers
Brainstrom
Level 4

This same thing happened to one of my clients. The E-file was accepted but if you go to the IRS website, Where is my Refund, it says it has not been received??????????? Now what????? Is this a ProSeries issue or IRS issue?

I also have a client who was rejected for a duplicate SS#, when the client calls the IRS they say we do not have a rejected return under that SS#??? Again, Pro Series or IRS problem?????

BobKamman
Level 15

Did you check "Get My Payment," before IRS removed it, to make sure that it was not received?  Do you know the client's tax history well enough to be sure that nothing is owed for prior years?

PATAX
Level 15

Similar thing happened to my neighbor who just called me yesterday ..She is head of household and gets the child tax credit ... I thought that those two items may have caused delay... I think she filed online using TurboTax but I'm not sure...

snowshoe
Level 2

This is what I was asking about yesterday.  For me it is returns that I filed (& show within proseries) that were accepted.  Clients still haven't gotten refund & most are not showing any info in Wheres My Refund- as if info is incorrect or doesnt exist.  I thought they were all high refund clients and thought that they were just taking longer due to EITC or CTC, etc.  I also have a single guy (long time client)- no kids with a $3,000 refund in the same boat.  NO INFO on IRS site.

Since this seems to be a common deal- I'd love to see Proseries respond & let us know if there is a known issue or what the best course of action would be. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Those early filed returns....always get some hung up in the system! 

You sure they didnt have marketplace health insurance for even 1 day in 2020 or forgot they signed up for it and never canceled?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Were these returns submitted to be held by ProSeries prior to February 12th efile start?

nmr12354
Level 3

No. I filed the return on the 13th and they were accepted on the 13th 

clarkd01
Level 2

I just came across one as well.  Electronically filed and accepted on 03/30/2021.  IRS has no record of the return.  MFJ, no kids, no credits.    Has Intuit had any comments on this issue?  I have been searching the feeds and I do not see any resolution to this issue as of yet.  Did I miss it?  Are we suppose to do anything?

ProSeries Basic user.

Greta
Level 9

Among my clients, the ones that are being held up have the "your return is still being processed" response, and appear to all involve the recovery credit, or the 2019 look-back for EITC. Is IRS obligated to pay 3% interest after 45 days of filing?

PATAX
Level 15

@Greta maybe they will get interest... One of my clients apparently got interest added to the adjustment for health insurance Premium tax credit penalty adjustment made by the i r s... Not much but something is better than nothing

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Should be health insurance penalty not tax credit penalty

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@clarkd01 you have proof that it was both electronically filed and accepted. Therefore I think it would be prudent just to wait a little bit and hopefully the IRS will get this worked out... Just my opinion...