Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Check List

Level 7

ATTN: Orlando

When I try to print the Client Check List on the clients that do not have any additional paperwork the bottom paragraph and signature does not print. Please check on this.

Thanks

Labels (1)
17 Replies 17
Level 15

I assume Orlando is some tech you spoke with. Your message will not reach him through this forum. There are likely a multitude of errors in the Client Check List. I would suggest you wait until you get at least one more update to the program to fix known errors. You should contact support to let them know what is happening with your situation.

ex-AllStar
Employee
Employee

Orlando is me, the new ProSeries Engineering Manager. I'm keeping an eye out for any programming issues that escaped, in order to find and fix as rapidly as possible.   If you're seeing it, we probably don't know about it - so I appreciate the reports.

Level 15

@Orlando 

Holy Cow, I don't believe we've seen an Intuit person conjured into the community forum like this. Welcome. Since you intend to keep an eye out for programming issues, I would like to make sure you remember to watch the section Intuit created for these submissions:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

Because that seems to be:

1. Linked to the program

2. The place we've been told they will get noticed

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Employee
Employee

Thanks! I *think* the feed I'm looking at shows both things submitted here and things submitted in the idea exchange, but I will look in both spots just to be sure. I'll also be reviewing the full backlog of submissions there (not just new items and highly voted items). 

As I find things, I'm entering them in our tracking system. Some I'm able to fix immediately (despite being a manager, I code as well).. others i'm assigning to engineers as they free up from committed work. I appreciate the communities engagement on reporting these issues and ideas, and also appreciate the patience as we work to address them.

2020-11-25_15-44-38.png

0 Cheers
Level 15

@Orlando  Agree with @qbteachmt.  Perhaps you could speak with your counterparts of other Intuit tax products about taking the same initiative?  I'm sure that gesture would be appreciated by Lacerte and PTO users.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Level 15

I was wondering why they provided this only for ProSeries.

But I also expected it was only for lip service purposes, so I wasn't too upset.

ex-AllStar
Employee
Employee

"This" being the tax-idea exchange? I had assumed PTO and Lacerte had similar, but honestly am not too familiar with their ecosystems as I'm focused on ProSeries.

In terms of lip service... I can't speak for the past. I can just say i've personally implemented two requests in the past week that you'll seen in December (check/uncheck all in print center and zoom in homebase) and hope to make better/faster progress as engineers free up. Unfortunately a ton of effort goes into keeping up with tax law changes and shoring up aging technology/infrastructure.. but I will carve out more time to address things brought up here. 

Level 15

""This" being the tax-idea exchange?"  Yes. PTO and Lacerte do not have this.

@Orlando You are a breath of fresh air. Too bad I'm not a ProSeries user. 😉

ex-AllStar
Level 15

@Orlando The tax-idea exchange is(or maybe was, since I can no longer find a link to it. Possibly it is just an in product link and I am Lacertian) https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603 but this thread was posted in 'Discussions" https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax/discussion/03/303 

It is still refreshing to see you here. 

ex-AllStar
Employee
Employee

For sure.. I think there are different theories on how to best engage and allocate limited time/resources. Obviously I think my way is best (engage with you here, listen and make addressing what we hear a priority).. and hope we have a great year that proves it..

Level 8
Level 8

@Orlando , welcome to the asylum. For years, I had been posting a 'bug blog,' in the community, with the intent of  tracking program issues, and anticipated resolutions,  that a user could easily reference and track the issue du jour. The theory is that tracking current issues will cut down repeated posts and calls to the help desk.

Employee
Employee

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for providing that service. Sounds useful. We have an internal issue tracking tool, but I'll talk to Austin about what we can do to better communicate known issues and status.

0 Cheers
Employee
Employee

Thank you for reporting this. I was not able to reproduce, probably because I don't fully understand the issue or there is something more subtle going on.

This is what I see when I print a Client Check List:

2020-11-25_14-48-30.png

Am I doing something different than you are? If possible could you include a screenshot of what you are getting, or print to PDF and email to proseries_engineering@intuit.com? 

Level 7

Orlando

My bad. I deleted some things in additional paperwork that I do not need to tell my clients and did not replace it with anything so I did not have anything in that section so it did not print that section or anything beyond that. Thanks Charles

0 Cheers
Employee
Employee

You're welcome, thank you for double checking and confirming!

0 Cheers
Level 1

The option to edit the checklist is not available.  I was able to edit when software first was downloaded and made changes now not available.  Any suggestions.  

0 Cheers
Employee
Employee

I'm not sure I'm following.  If you open a client return, choose Tools -> Client Checklist, make changes.. you don't see the "Save for All Clients" button? Or are we talking about different parts of the product or different behavior?

0 Cheers