Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Tax Credit/8812

luithe3rd
Level 2

I know this topic has been discussed before but it is still not making sense to me.  My client's credit shows at $6600 for her 2 dependents. Her ACTC was $3300 which I inputted and is reduced from her refund.  Her remaining refundable CTC should be $3300 but I cannot verify the actual credit to her account?  My Basic software is denying me the CTC Form which gives the breakdown and only shows 8812.  In addition, the 2yr comparison Tax Summary is not populating any amount under "Additional Tax Credit" as it should? So it makes me assume the remaining credit is not populating.  Please be patient and help me with this topic.   Example: Original Refund-$5565-$3300 ACTC=REFUND OF $2265.  Where and how is the remaining Child tax credit of $300 applied? 

Thank you,

Luis Cano

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
have you printed the return and tried to follow the money? You can just watch the refund amount and understand whats happening with the mechanics of the tax return.

How much is her income? Could it be too high to be allowed the full amounts of CTC?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
luithe3rd
Level 2

Her income is only 22k

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@luithe3rd wrote:

Her remaining refundable CTC should be $3300 but I cannot verify the actual credit to her account? 

Example: Original Refund-$5565-$3300 ACTC=REFUND OF $2265.  Where and how is the remaining Child tax credit of $300 applied? 

Have you looked at Line 28 of Form 1040?

What remaining $300?

luithe3rd
Level 2

i meant $3300 for her remaining Child tax credit.  I figured it out.  Thank you for your help!

Luis Cano

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I figured it out."

Would you like to share what you figured out, so that it helps others? Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
juliocruz26
Level 1

Same here how’d you figure it out I’m having same issue 

0 Cheers