Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist email status

linduca1216
Level 7

Checklist email not yet working...  Any update?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

The update went out an hour or two ago. Can you update, and then confirm you're on wPro.2020.06.something (via Help->About, Version Tab). Then try again.

Note, we fixed two issues with this update:

- ProSeries was erroneously reporting an error on some machines, when in fact it was sending the email (this was happening on my product HP laptop)

- ProSeries was not able to send email using 64 bit applications. Now there is an option in Tools->Options you can check, indicating you have. 64 bit email client as your default. If that's checked it should work.

Hopefully you are not experiencing a third issue we hadn't identified. If it appears you are, please do the following

* Choose Help->Send Logs in the ProSeries Menu.

* Email the zip it creates (ProSeriesLogs.zip, on your desktop) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com. In the email, let me know  the error message you are getting  and whether the client is getting the email. If you're not sure, create a client, add a w2, and set the email to proseries_engineering@intuit.com and send it.

(Side note, we just added that to help with troubleshooting on this community, so people don't have to hunt and find specific logs anymore)

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

What do you suppose a "checklist" email is? 

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Do you mean via 64 bit outlook or similar? If yes, then there's an update today or tomorrow that should address the issue of not being able to send emails direct from ProSeries.

linduca1216
Level 7

the program has a feature where the checklist can be emailed to a client (a tab under Tools).  Also an option from homebase to send out batch emails.  

In the 202 Proseries. when trying to email it out, there is an error message.  It was to have been addressed by 1/20.

0 Cheers
linduca1216
Level 7

thanks, so far, it's not in place.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

The update went out an hour or two ago. Can you update, and then confirm you're on wPro.2020.06.something (via Help->About, Version Tab). Then try again.

Note, we fixed two issues with this update:

- ProSeries was erroneously reporting an error on some machines, when in fact it was sending the email (this was happening on my product HP laptop)

- ProSeries was not able to send email using 64 bit applications. Now there is an option in Tools->Options you can check, indicating you have. 64 bit email client as your default. If that's checked it should work.

Hopefully you are not experiencing a third issue we hadn't identified. If it appears you are, please do the following

* Choose Help->Send Logs in the ProSeries Menu.

* Email the zip it creates (ProSeriesLogs.zip, on your desktop) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com. In the email, let me know  the error message you are getting  and whether the client is getting the email. If you're not sure, create a client, add a w2, and set the email to proseries_engineering@intuit.com and send it.

(Side note, we just added that to help with troubleshooting on this community, so people don't have to hunt and find specific logs anymore)

SMC2
Level 1

My program is also still not sending the checklist. It is up to date. It is in 32 bit. Send Logs doesn't work either. My email is set as the default. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both ProSeries and Microsoft 365. Is there something else I can try?

0 Cheers