Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing EFT and use 1040-V for paying balance due

Level 1

TP prefers paying Balance Due instead of EFT. I forgot to check off correct box prior to e-filing.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Level 15

A call to the IRS is order then.  Good luck finding anyone answering the phone tho.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Level 15
Level 15

Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment.


Level 2

We have had a few clients call the IRS to cancel payments and they have said that the whole process took less than 10 minutes.