Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot print pdf files in proseries tax professional

Jerry5695
Level 1

When I print a page/return to pdf in proseries, a log is produced that PDF created and placed in appropriate file, but no pdf is in the file??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
RollTide68
Level 8

Print_LI.jpg

Make sure the Display PDF is checked and see if it will pop up.

Jerry5695
Level 1

Yes, but it does not work.  Appears to be a MIcrosoft Print to PDF driver problem, but cannot fix it.  I cannot print to pdf in the previous versions of ProSeries either.  I have hundreds of PDF files in those earlier versions, but now cannot print a return file or page in any series of Proseries.  I have spend 4 hours on three calls to support and still no fix - staffed with rookies - When I first installed 2020 ProSeries i was able to print 3 pdf files but something happened with updates or something.  I am not a real strong tech person, but had my technical guy (who does not know proseries) check to no avail.

0 Cheers
RollTide68
Level 8

Tools - Repair Updates.png

 Have you tried the "Repair Updates" tool?

Jerry5695
Level 1

Yes.  Support even guided the uninstall/reinstall proseries, but no help.

0 Cheers
Jerry5695
Level 1

I can print a pdf in excel, but not proseries.  It goes through the motion and prints an appropriate "completed log" but no pdf is displayed or found in the file??

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

After your unsuccessfully print, could you please run the Send Logs from the help menu, and send the zip file to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com.

image.png

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, printing issues in some shape or form seems to be a real problem this year.  Printing issue  posts pop up here everyday.  ProSeries did some overhauling of things this year and the end results haven't been pretty at times.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ktrox76
Level 1

Any luck with using Foxit yet?  We are still wondering how to print without having to use our one computer still on Adobe.

0 Cheers
Jerry5695
Level 1

Technical support finally identified the problem for me :

When you click on Print, the screen comes up to choose "Printer", "File (PDF)", "DMS" at the top, then there is a Box "Printer, PDF and DMS Setup".

Click on "Printer, PDF and DMS Setup" and at the top of the screen there are two boxes "Password protect PDF files for returns" and "Use default file names for PDF files for returns".  I had checcked the box "Use default file names for PDF files for returns".  When I unchecked this box to not use the default, no more problems.

The aggravation is that every time you print now you have to accept the default name for the file that pops up for it to print the PDF.  I don't know why this year you cannot mark that default box, but at least it fixed the problem for me.

If I knew how to post a picture of the screens like some, it would make this a much simpler correction for you - sorry for my ignorance.

Jerry

0 Cheers