Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel eSignature to Change Email Address

nenaccountants
Level 2

How do I change the email address on an eSignature request? We sent the request and then voided it, but can't change the email. It just keeps resending the same request to the wrong email. 

I tried to log into Docusign, but I don't see anything about Proseries request in my account. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

While I'm not sure that your question is directly answered here, here are two great resources for eSignature questions:

1. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-integrations/help/intuit-esignature-faqs-resource-gui...
  2. https://proconnect.intuit.com/esignature/proseries-resources/

Did you update the email address on the actual client file after voiding the initial request?  And save the client file?  And once you did, if you go to your eSignature dashboard do you see the new or old email address there?

If you've done all this and it still reflects as the old email, i recommend doing a SAVE AS of your client file that has the new email, and sending the eSignature request from the newly created (save as) file.

mjohns11
Level 2

I changed the email address in the client file and it did not work after I voided and resent the eisignature.

I then saved the file as a new file in a different area.  Added it back and updated the email address, went over to esignatrure and it still sent it to the old email address. To no avail, it did not work. Stayed on the line with a rep for an hour and we were both stumped, could  not edit.  The video does not reflect the actual access we have on the dashboard.  There is not an option to edit the email address.

0 Cheers
maxie
Level 3

I voided my request with the bad email from the esignature dashboard. 

Then I changed the email in the tax file. Hit F9 & F10 just because that seems to be the thing to do with Proseries.

Then I chose "save as" and renamed the file. 

I went to the efile center. There were two files showing for the client. I went into the first file and unchecked the efile federal and state buttons. That left the newly re-named file in the efile center.

I was able to request signature and it had the updated correct email on it. 

Those are the exact steps I took and it worked. Hopefully this helps someone else!

RoryEACPA
Level 1

Although I use Lacerte, this post helped me to right the situation with an incorrect email account for a client.  I was able to copy the client in Lacerte and then resend the e-signature request.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
darrentaxsmart
Level 1

Here's the easiest and quickest way to resolve this issue:

1) Void the e-signature 

2) Go back into client file and update taxpayer's e-mail address. Then save and close the file.

3) Scroll to the top of the software, click eSignature, then Request...

4) This will restart the eSignature process and reflect the updated e-mail address.

dingemanson
Level 1

Thank you!!! This worked - I've had this question for a couple years now.  Clients change email addresses on me.

0 Cheers
Scott2022
Level 1

How do I void a signature request? I just resent & it reduced my available sigs accordingly. Now I have applied 4 to one tax return 😞

0 Cheers
K-Tax
Level 2

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly!

0 Cheers
KHarrison
Level 1

Thank you!

0 Cheers
Alyson
Level 2

I've tried all of this and nothing has worked.  The email is correct in the file but not on the dashboard.  anybody have any other advice?   Can't even get a support rep to talk to me.  They just hang up. 

0 Cheers
Alyson
Level 2

I've tried all of this and I can't send the request from a new Save As File.  If you create a duplicate file with the same social, it creates and error and doesn't let you do anything. 

0 Cheers
Alyson
Level 2

Didn't work for me. Support won't help either. 

0 Cheers
DBatman
Level 1

Easiest fix for this issue is after making corrections to the email in the tax file and saving it, go to the Dashboard for esignature and make sure and hit the "refresh" button (whirl thing) on the upper right hand corner.  Once it refreshes and shows the current time(s) next to the client you should be good to go.

It was very "refreshing" to get this issue resolved.  Sorry about that. 🙂