Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we file 2018 federal yet - my program keeps telling me to update, but when I do it says no updates available (02/24/20)

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎February 24, 2020 12:22 PM

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Use this option

refresh.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

I tried this....still didn't work.  Can we e-file 2018 yet?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I have one of our accountants talking with Pro Series tech support right now.  We have a fairly simple 2018 e-file return and receive the error that Pro Series needs to be updated.  Our issue is all Pro Series workstations are fully up to date and the Windows 10 machine acting as a server is fully up to date.  We e-filed several 2019 returns this morning so the issue is clearly with the 2018 platform.  If we are able to correct the situation I will provide the details.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Thanks!  That worked!

0 Cheers
Highlighted

The Refresh Updates worked for me but I had to try it on another machine first.  I am starting to think a lot of this has to do with Windows 10.  I had no trouble at all filing returns on Windows 7 until being forced to upgrade.

You'd think Pro Series would have fixed compatibility by now!

Highlighted
Level 2

Prior to talking to tech support (we had more than an hour on hold), we did the logout and logon for Pro Series and then on the actual computers to no avail.  Most programs will perform an update reset when logged out and back in.  Until this particular issue we had no need to perform an update refresh.  I suspect the issue is not refreshing the update queue or cache but that is an issue for Intuit to resolve (or not) as they see fit.  Thank you for posting.

0 Cheers