Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't print Client Specific Letters

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

even though in Print Options>>Control Which Letters Print, I have them selected.  It will print the Standard Client Letter if you choose that option from that screen. I can print the CSL from the CSL itself when in a client,  but i do a CSL for every client.  I don't need that hassle.   The feature worked perfectly last year.

@Orlando   any help?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hi,

I'm sorry for the frustration. It's not intuitive to me, but I think it will do what you want if you check *both* standard letter & client letter. I think this year we changed it so that if you have a client letter for any given client, it will override the corresponding standard letter. Otherwise it'll print the standard one. I don't know why we left it two separate options.. i will ask on Monday.

Please confirm that works for you and that I haven't misunderstood your issue.

Orlando

image.png

image2.png

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hi,

I'm sorry for the frustration. It's not intuitive to me, but I think it will do what you want if you check *both* standard letter & client letter. I think this year we changed it so that if you have a client letter for any given client, it will override the corresponding standard letter. Otherwise it'll print the standard one. I don't know why we left it two separate options.. i will ask on Monday.

Please confirm that works for you and that I haven't misunderstood your issue.

Orlando

image.png

image2.png

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@Orlando  to the rescue again!!   I would have never ever thought to try doing that!!  Thanks so much!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Great, thank you for confirming! I've put in a defect to look into the experience.

I think..

* Checking any predefined letter alone (Standard, Engagement, etc) should result in the custom override of that letter printing

* The last "Custom Letter" option should only refer to custom letters not based on any template, and should be renamed to something like "Additional non-templated custom letters"