Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get into program - authorization error

dasnowball
Level 3

I was thrown out of program and cannot get back in.  I get an error tat says Authorization error Sign in completion failed.  A task was canceled.  On phone hold with support for over 40 minutes.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dasnowball
Level 3

I finally removed the program, downloaded again and it worked.  Then I was able to restore the clients that were already completed or in process.  Thanks for all the help.

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Rebooted the computer, still the same message?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dasnowball
Level 3

Yes I rebooted and still have same problem.  Still onhold for tech support.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you update today?  I wonder if the Update Repair tool and then downloading he updates refresh would help at all.

0 Cheers
dasnowball
Level 3

My program automatically updates every day. If I can't get into the program how can I update or use update repair tool?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From the Windows Program menu

updaterepair.png

0 Cheers
dasnowball
Level 3

Thanks. I just got off the phone after 3 hours, 1 hour waiting and 2 hours talking to tech support.  He was unable to solve my problem.  We did get the program to open in safe mode but not in the regular mode.  I just did the repair updates you suggested and now when I try to sign in I get the message "Server busy.  This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.  Choose Switch to activate the busy program and correct the problem."  When I click Switch to all it does is bring up the left screen with all my programs.  I am beyond frustrated.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks so much.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When all else fails...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/uninstall-rename-and-reinstall-intuit-pro...

0 Cheers
dasnowball
Level 3

Still fails. I uninstalled, reinstalled and still get the server busy message.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/server-busy-this-action-cannot-be-complet...

Thats all I got

0 Cheers
dasnowball
Level 3

Thanks.  I'll have to get my IT guy to work on this tomorrow.  I'm literally done for the night.  Thanks for all the help.  Dorothy

dasnowball
Level 3

I finally removed the program, downloaded again and it worked.  Then I was able to restore the clients that were already completed or in process.  Thanks for all the help.

Jeff J
Level 1

Dear Just-Lisa-Now, 

We've never met but I owe you tonight's sanity as you really saved my a**.  Was unable to login into the program after installing an update earlier this evening.  With one remaining corp return to file, I was near panic stricken, as Intuit wouldn't sign me into the Community Q&A either for some reason.  Anyway, long story longer - I saw your advice regarding Tools - Repair Updates, and - after about a half hour of updating etc - wallah: the program remembered my p.w. and let me in.  Returns filed - nobody died or even got hurt............Thank you so much !

JJ

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You're welcome!  Glad you got back up and running!

0 Cheers