Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I force a Schedule A to be included in the Preparer Copy if client doesn't itemize? I use ProSeries Basic.

JADinAZ
Level 3

I would like to have the option of including the Schedule A in the Preparer Copy of the 1040 even if the client doesn't itemize.  Is there a way to do that in ProSeries Basic?  Of course I do NOT want it to be included in the file copy - just my copy.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Camp1040
Level 10

I manually print the form from the schedule A tab when I want to have a copy for my records, I haven't tried to save a PDF as part of the return.

dkh
Level 15

Not sure about Basic but in Professional there is   Go to    File>Print Options>Select Return Type: 1040

then find column for Preparer Copy - expand the Government forms filed with return - find Schedule A - change it from If Required to If Any Data

That should do it

Camp1040
Level 10

I use basic, that option not avaliable or maybe I haven't found it.

JADinAZ
Level 3

Same as Camp 1040 - I don't see that option in Basic.  I don't even see Print Options under File - perhaps there's another way to get there?  Yes I know I can print while I have the Schedule A open - but I'd like to have the option to save it in the pdf version of the Pro copy.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Let's see if @Just Lisa Now  knows.    Hey, Lisa - do you have access to Basic to help with this question?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive never even seen a copy of Basic, but sounds like the Print Options included with it just arent the same as Professional.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Thanks    Have a good Monday.

0 Cheers
JADinAZ
Level 3

Thanks Lisa - I'm the original poster.  Off-topic I have a very small solo practice and Basic has worked great for me over the years - only issue I have is it won't calculate NOL's - and those come up so infrequently for me that I have to re-learn the process every time lol.  Professional version unfortunately is way out of my price range.  Thanks for the post.  Too bad about the print options cuz that sounds like what I'm looking for.

dkh
Level 15

Have you considered using Professional on Pay per return method for your NOL returns?    

Camp1040
Level 10

Open the return in professional using the restore file option. Calculate the nol use your own worksheet and transfer the results to basic manually.

All of your entry is going to be on other income line with supporting statement backing it up.

I have had to do it twice in 8 years a little labor-intensive but cheaper than a version you really don't use or need.

JADinAZ
Level 3

Thanks @Camp1040 that's a great idea!  I'd love to be able to use the pay-per-return feature for oddball (for me) returns but the added cost is more than I'm willing to pass on to my clients.  There's a reason why they have NOL's - just sayin'.  Thanks all!

0 Cheers