Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I efile a PA 40X in proseries

mamaiolo
Level 2
i need to efile my Pennsylvania amended return (PA 40X)
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Look on the federal info worksheet. Under the box for e-filing the 1040, there is a box and drop down menu for states. Is PA listed?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
mamaiolo
Level 2

yes there is a drop down box for PA.  I did that and when I went to my PA return it was checked for 

amended.  I keep getting a error message on the PA return.  that it should not be selected on the PA  information screen, but should be deselected on the PA return.  I can't deselect on the PA side it just brings me into a loop.   Appreciate any help.  I already efiled.  the federal amended, but cannot get the state amended to file

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If PA was just recently added to the list, its possible that its not "up and running" yet  When CA first got added to the list, it was 6-12 months before it was actually "working"

I do know that when I EF a CA Amended, it gives me an error and tells me the CA EF box (for the original return) cannot be checked if Im EFing the amendment....could that be the message youre seeing?  That it wants you to uncheck the EF box for the original PA return?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪