Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i efile 2019 1040x in ProSeries that TP originally efiled in turbo tax?

Bob G
Level 3

TP originally used Turbo Tax to efile 2019 personal return.

Can I efile a 2019 1040X in ProSeries Professional?  If so, how?  Do you just check "Federal" in the electronic filing as if it were a regular tax return?

Thanks  Bob

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Nope, we dont have that ability in ProSeries, YOU had to Efile the original in order to Efile the amended.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

You won't be able to efile.   It has to be a return you originally efiled

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Nope, we dont have that ability in ProSeries, YOU had to Efile the original in order to Efile the amended.

Bob G
Level 3

I have both a 2019 & another person for 2020 that TPs originally filed in Turbo Tax.   That stinks.

Thanks for you help.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Agreed!

0 Cheers

Proseries is supposed to fix this.  When will it be done?  Please don't reply that it has to be done with a paper return mailed in (which assumes Proseries said they will never fix this problem, which Proseries never said).

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Intuit hasn't said anything about them fixing this. Maybe one of these years, but as of right now, youre stuck paper filing it.

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

Thank you.  Have a great day

0 Cheers