Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i e file form 1040 with payer ein omitted from 1099r worksheet

SL
Level 3

taxpayer over funded his roth ira for 2020 and received refund of contribution and earnings in 2021.  It is my understanding that the payer will report the distribution on a 2021 1099R with distribution codes of      "J "and "P", requiring distribution reporting on his 2020 tax return (his return is extended until 10/15)..  I have the amounts of the distribution, but do not have the payer ein number and having difficulty getting in contact with Met Life (go figure).  Can I e file his return without the ein and will the irs accept?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Has the taxpayer never received any documents that would have the EIN listed ?  Possibly on a Form 5498?

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
dkh
Level 15

Has the taxpayer never received any documents that would have the EIN listed ?  Possibly on a Form 5498?

qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you google it?

"The Employer Identification Number (EIN) for Metlife Inc is 13-4075851"

"The Employer Identification Number (EIN) for Metlife Investments Securities, Llc is 81-3725807"

Etc.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

Another reference:

MetLife Investment Funds, Inc. - SEC Report

IRS Number (EIN), 223322854 ( EIN # 22-3322854). Reporting File Number, 811-07450. State of Incorporation, MARYLAND. Fiscal Year End, 12-31.
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PATAX
Level 15

Good old Google... Better than the Library of Alexandria...🏛

SL
Level 3

awsome.  thanks for reply.

steve

0 Cheers
SL
Level 3

awsome.  thanks for reply

steve