Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an amended Wisconsin return have the taxes due automatically taken out of clients bank?

deb514
Level 3
I checked the box to use electronic funds transfer, entered the date to withdraw, but the balance due does not show on the info page?
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I wouldnt risk it, can you make payment right on the WI website?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
deb514
Level 3

I am sure the client could do that, I just thought it would be much easier and quicker than having them send in a check via the mail.  It looks like the program has the capability but something is not right??  The federal looks like you can do the same thing.  Normally when I do an amendment my client is getting a refund not paying in.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

yea, it bugs me that the amended return payment part is not clear anywhere, Im not sure I trust to to actually happen. 

Ive been going on the tax agency websites and scheduling the payments for my clients that want it to come out on XX day....I print the client letter that shows its going to be direct debited (then change the box on the return), pay it online and I keep the confirmation page from the tax website for my records.

Couple extra steps for me, but great for client relations!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers