Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Schedule X, Printing

In 2017 California intorduced schedule X California Explanation of Amended Tax Return to replace the multiple page 540 X. Every year I call a support "EXPERT" To find out why the form does not appear on the state menu of forms used, and therefore is not prined under the print function for the filing copy, Client Copy or Preparer Copy with no answer. I may be a little slow but today by shear chance I clicked on form 540 and to my amazment there is a box at the top of the form that says,"Check here if this an amended return". Even more amazingly the form now prints under the print return function in all three catagories where it is actually shown to exist. I could not find any referencE to this in the intuit help menu so I decide to share my discovery with my fellow CA. preparers and the Intuit EXPERTS, WHO BY THE WAY ARE REALY VERY NICE PEOPLE DOING A VERY DIFICULT JOB IN THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT.

BE SAFE

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
hcliston
Level 4

Thank you!  Exactly what I was looking for. Whew!

ptax255
Level 5

Thank you. Been going crazy trying to figure this out.

khorshed
Level 3

Thank you so much for sharing. However, can you still file CA Schedule X electronically?  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Theyve added the Efile amended CA option in the 2020 program, but it doesn't appear to be functioning yet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

YOU, are a genius!  Thank you for taking the time to post this!  

0 Cheers