Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Amended Efile 2020

aguffre
Level 3

California is available in the state drop-down box within ProSeries for an amended e-file.  However, when I go to e-file the return, the option is only available to e-file the federal amended return.  Is there another box that I need to check on the California return in order to get it e-filed?  I followed all of the steps as ProSeries laid out on the how to e-file a return.  The original return was filed through ProSeries.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Intuit_AleeW
Employee
Employee

The functionality will be added to the ProSeries tax year 21 product when it is released. When running the final review I see that we do have a diagnostic that advises the states that are currently not supported for electronic filing of the amended returns at this time. 

2021-10-14_13-17-28.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Intuit_AleeW
Employee
Employee

At this time ProSeries is not yet accepting California Individual Amended returns for E-file. We are working to add this capability in the future, and have already added the selection to the Federal Information worksheet, but have not yet added functionality needed on the California Individual return. 

0 Cheers
aguffre
Level 3

Do you have any details as to a timeline when this will be available?  It should not be available as an option on the drop down unless actually available to utilize.  This is confusing to tax preparers and causes us to tell our clients "Yes, I can e-file it through ProSeries" and then have to go back to them later saying we were wrong.  It makes us look bad.

In case it is a problem they are having with the programming, this might be part of it (see screen shot).  The error refers to extensions when the box where the information is listed is regarding amendments.  Just in case you can pass that along to someone.

Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg

0 Cheers
Intuit_AleeW
Employee
Employee

The functionality will be added to the ProSeries tax year 21 product when it is released. When running the final review I see that we do have a diagnostic that advises the states that are currently not supported for electronic filing of the amended returns at this time. 

2021-10-14_13-17-28.jpg

0 Cheers
taxesrita
Level 1

Hi! This still doesn't work.  I am trying to efile a CA amended return and having the same issue.  I cannot select anything under the Efile dropdown menu in the state return, even though all appropriate boxes are checked.  Did Intuit fix this yet?

0 Cheers