Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Sec. 179

monicac
Level 4

I have ProSeries basic I want to take sec. 179 on computers purchased. Federal did it automatically but state did not. For the state of California do I have to go to the CA asset entry worksheet and put the full amount on the line labeled Section 179 deduction?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you choosing YES to the Economic Stimulus Qualified Property question on the asset entry worksheet on the federal? CA doesnt conform to that special depreciation.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA should do it automatically as well, they have different limits than federal, but you should still see it on the CA3885A 179 worksheet

monicac
Level 4

That what I thought too, but when I look at the depreciation worksheet it only shows it taking off part of the total. When I put the total in Sec. 179 deduction in CA and look at the worksheet it shows Ca Dep. Deduction is zero but the amount he owes goes down.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you choosing YES to the Economic Stimulus Qualified Property question on the asset entry worksheet on the federal? CA doesnt conform to that special depreciation.