Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Sec. 179

Highlighted
Level 3

I have ProSeries basic I want to take sec. 179 on computers purchased. Federal did it automatically but state did not. For the state of California do I have to go to the CA asset entry worksheet and put the full amount on the line labeled Section 179 deduction?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Are you choosing YES to the Economic Stimulus Qualified Property question on the asset entry worksheet on the federal? CA doesnt conform to that special depreciation.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

CA should do it automatically as well, they have different limits than federal, but you should still see it on the CA3885A 179 worksheet

Highlighted
Level 3

That what I thought too, but when I look at the depreciation worksheet it only shows it taking off part of the total. When I put the total in Sec. 179 deduction in CA and look at the worksheet it shows Ca Dep. Deduction is zero but the amount he owes goes down.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Are you choosing YES to the Economic Stimulus Qualified Property question on the asset entry worksheet on the federal? CA doesnt conform to that special depreciation.

View solution in original post