Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA rejections saying missing or incomplete information in the payment record.

Highlighted
last updated ‎April 01, 2020 7:59 PM

My CA return has been rejected several times. It says to include a phone number and check the bank info. it has been done over and over. Whats up?  I have provided a telephone number for home and checked the bank info...it is good and all there.  Resent, reject!  Tried putting the phone number on a work phone and checked that box.  Looked it all over...rejected again.  Always the same errors.  I typed in the phone number (so it wasn't transferred from Federal) reject.  same reasons.  The client is getting a refund from CA and also has down to pay his ES payments electronically.  What am I doing wrong?  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

That may be why...if you're having a direct deposit of the refund but also scheduling the ES payments for direct debit that could cause a conflict.   

Why not apply the refund to the first ES payment?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Or direct deposit the refund, then use the FTB Webpay website to schedule the ES payments.

0 Cheers
Highlighted

He wants it.   He is elderly and that helps him keep track of his taxes and expenses, getting the refund and paying the ES separately...but I am about ready to call him tomorrow and tell him he doesn't have a choice.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Just do it on the FTB Webpay website.   I had to do that last year for an elderly client, I forgot the mark the boxes to schedule the CA ES payments!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@utah-arizona-taxlady  I just had an EA here in town that uses PS call me with that same reject message youre getting! 

He had the client mail in the 2019 3582 and scheduled the CA ES payments for direct debit and it kicked back with that error....so I think its some kind of conflict when youre not doing direct debit for the the 2019 payment (in your case it was a refund with direct deposit)

Ive got one of these coming up (waiting on signature pages to be returned), theve got both direct debit of 2019 tax due and 2020 CA ES payment auto withhdrawal...Im curious to see if I get the same message.

@IntuitAustin  anything on Supports radar about this issue...the EA that called me last night said he called Support last night was on the phone for 2 hours, not sure if that means he spoke with them or sat on hold though...he ended up just giving the client payment ES vouchers.

0 Cheers