Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA 540 amended taxes can be efiled? if yes then how?

wmtsang
Level 3

I want to efile 2018 CA amended taxes- form 540. Can I efile? If yes then how. I do not see CA name in state amended efile list.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
itonewbie
Level 15

You e-file the amended return with Schedule X.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
wmtsang
Level 3

I have created it. But its not giving me option to efile  in proseries.

Where do I need to select efile. In CA module its giving me an error, amended taxes can not be efiled.

Am  I missing anything here?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Lisa's instructions should solve your problem: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/doing-ca-amended-return-can...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I don't think ProSeries Professional has the ability to Efile a CA amended return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

Thanks for confirmation, @Just-Lisa-Now-!  I didn't know that.

Still an AllStar
larry216
Level 1

Same with 2019. California is not on list.

0 Cheers

Thank for confirmation too

i tried to Efile CA amended individual 540. Other comp filed original one. On the 540 I checked “ amended “ return at top. On Fed info WS part VI I checked efiled state . On the part VII I check Efile amended return “ no option to choose CA” 

I am able to transmitted and received by Intuit . It rejected due to duplicate of SSN efiled 

0 Cheers
esther29dec
Level 2

I am trying to efile CA 540 with Schedule-X. On the fed info worksheet there is an amended California option, which I checked. But on the final efile submission box, California amended return does not show.  How do I efile California 540 with Schedule-X?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
That option showed up last year, but I dont think they've enabled the function yet. As far as I know you still can't EF a CA amended return with ProSeries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
esther29dec
Level 2

Thank you for prompt reply Lisa!! This is so helpful...

0 Cheers