Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm just wondering if it's possible for ProSeries to have screwed up the QBI issue any worse than they did. I'd appreciate any feedback from other happy customers.

earl_garrison
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

With any given update, Intuit is capable of doing almost anything imaginable.  But then again, Intuit does get blamed for a lot of disasters caused by pilot error.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

With any given update, Intuit is capable of doing almost anything imaginable.  But then again, Intuit does get blamed for a lot of disasters caused by pilot error.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
earl_garrison
Level 3
True statement regarding the "pilot error", but not on this issue.  The QBI screw ups are all on them.  They've admitted as such with their multiple articles on this.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
But you only asked to hear from HAPPY customers.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
....are we suppose to guess what kind of screw up?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
earl_garrison
Level 3
Just Lisa - Read the numerous messages we've all received from Intuit on this issue.  Including the one today about if you happen to type in all caps that "caused" an issue on the QBI calculation on S Corps.  When preparing an income tax return on ProSeries, how many people don't type in all caps.  Ridiculous.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahh, ok, I wasn't in the office today (and I didnt have cause to open the program here at home today)....so I just now opened the program and I dont see any yellow banner alerts...is that what I should be looking for?  

0 Cheers
earl_garrison
Level 3
I received an email within the last 2 days regarding the latest mistake on the QBI calculation on S Corps "if" you typed in all caps.  Of course, Intuit points out that if the return is incorrect, the "fix" is to file an amended return. Oh gee, no problem.  What problem could I possibly have by filing amended returns on S Corps in Oct/Nov?  
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Hmmmm, I didn't notice any emails from Intuit lately.    If you open your SCorp returns do they pop up with a message that "things have changed" since the return was filed?  I'll  take a peek at mine on Monday.  Thanks for the heads up!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I wonder if it is possible that so many paid professionals don't review the tax returns that they sign and let them be filed with relatively obvious qbi (or other) errors. I believe every software out there has struggled to fully implement these new (and somewhat incomplete) new wrinkles to our tax structure. IF ALL CAPS IS CAUSING A PROBLEM WITH THE TAX RETURN, it is the preparer's job to recognize that there is an error and report it. We then begrudgingly need to wait for PS to find out WHY THE ERROR happened and fix it, so give us a work around. 

YES it is possible the ProSeries could have screwed up things worse, but they didn't. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
earl_garrison
Level 3
If you find it acceptable to pay $5,000 plus for tax software that continually has errors regarding the same issue, I guess that's on you.  I would think a part-time psychic would figure it out sooner than others.
0 Cheers
earl_garrison
Level 3
In addition, my original post has NOTHING to do with any tax returns that left my office with an incorrect QBI deduction, as there were none.  My post has to do with having to correct the QBI deduction that my $5,000 + software still couldn't calculate correctly after months after constant software updates.  I understand change is tough, but this is Intuit's job.
0 Cheers