Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the 1120-S "Officer Compensation" get recorded on the personal 1040? its not showing on K-1.

mkedikian
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's where the W-2 comes into play.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's where the W-2 comes into play.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If that wasn't helpful, I might suggest not preparing returns involving K-1s - you obviously don't understand how information flows to the 1040.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
:+1::+1:
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10
bless mkedikdian's little heart......
If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"....might suggest not preparing returns involving K-1s"   LOL

@mkedikian - Did YOU prepare the 1120-S?  If not, you must have a copy if you know what was on the line for Officer Compensation.  DOES your F 1040 client have a W-2 from the S-Corp?

Lotta' holes in here - NMI.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
mkedikian
Level 1
Yes, i prepared the 1120-S and the K-1.  Client did not issue W-2 for his compensation, not even a 1099.  I know he should have, but he didn't.  So now i have a balance that shows on his 1120-S line 7 and i want to know where does that balance on 1120-S Line 7 go on his personal 1040.   
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Nowhere.  Because there shouldn't BE anything on that line.
And to be blunt, you are in over your head on this.
Farm it out, or find someone to mentor you.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Blunt isn't always bad, even though I have never gone that route --------------- at least not today ------ yet.  To borrow a line from Clint Eastwood ------------- a man's got to know his limitations.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@mkedikian You may find this thread enlightening https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1874645-officer-compensation-1125-e-income-where-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TaxMonkey
Level 8

Its completely wrong, but as other income subject to SE tax or schedule C, is less wrong than other places.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You never issue a 1099-Misc to the shareholder/Partner/Member/Owner of their own entity.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

So he didn't receive any compensation?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers