Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to efile a return with a known error - like withdrawal of payt due beyond regular due date

Level 2

it appears no update yet to acknowledge due date has changed to May 17/21.  clients want to have auto withdrawal up to that due date.  what is the best way to bypass error code to efile return?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

The federal has been updated, I'm not sure if there are issues with your state.

Slava Ukraini!
Level 2

MA State has not been updated for due date withdrawal.  Creating an issue for a small sole practitioner like myself.  It's difficult and frustrating to pay so much for software and be constantly bombarded with poor performance.  Of course, I only see my side of the picture.  I am not on the programmer end.  That will large fries, please.

BobKamman
Level 15

Tell clients they can't always get what they want?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The client has various choices.

Pay electronically with the return by 4/15.

Pay by check and mail by 5/17.

Schedule their own electronic payment on the state website, whenever they'd like to pay it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Level 2

Hi, thank you for that information.  It is actually useful contrary to the reply from Bob.

The real issue is why can't proseries for which we pay a premium, update the program.  They have updated for other states, why not MA?  

0 Cheers