Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance sheet

beylal
Level 2

I am working on both 2019 and 2020 Form 1120S.  When I was partially done with 2019, I transferred the file to begin 2020.  I now have an incorrect number for retained earnings for the beginning balance of 2020.  How do I correct that without starting over?  Or overriding the amount?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Usually when I override a return, I first make sure everything is correct in return including the override.  Then I file it by itself, because it asks you if you want to turn off error checking for that particular trasmission.  It goes just fine then even with override.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Just correct it - Over ride if you have to.

beylal
Level 2

I'm trying to avoid the override so that I can e-file the return.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I have seen warnings for override, but never had it not e file because of it.

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Usually when I override a return, I first make sure everything is correct in return including the override.  Then I file it by itself, because it asks you if you want to turn off error checking for that particular trasmission.  It goes just fine then even with override.