Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balance due to IRS

Highlighted

Can you efile a return and set payment for July 15?  Normally, I could efile now and have payment drafted on April 15th; however, the program is not allowing me to enter July 15th.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Level 8

The IRS and ProSeries have not updated the software yet.  Plans are in the works but no date yet.

Give them a voucher and have them mail it in

Highlighted
Level 5

Until the IRS and Intuit get their stuff figured out, you can't.  Why not try something new and just print a payment voucher and let them send a check when they want to.  Question been asked and answered countless times if you just look and a banner was on the software.

Highlighted

Why should my client have to mail it?  For the amount of money we pay for this program it should be up to date.  No one wants to mail anything these days.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 5

To place things in perspective, we have people sick and dying from a virus, businesses that are drying up on the vine because if they are a bar or restaurant their business has been cut 75-90% (which I happen to have first hand knowledge of) and we have people whining about having to cut a check one time?  There are bigger problems in this country than Intuit meeting your arbitrary deadline that they may not even have what they need from the IRS yet.

Highlighted
Level 15

@meoleson 

Well said - that tends to be more politically correct than my urge to want to whack people over the head for posts like that.  How in the #### is mailing in a payment such a huge burden on someone right now?  Let's see, my choices are I could be separated from my family hooked up to a ventilator right now or I could be forced to mail in a check.  Believe it or not, I'm going to vote for that check option every time.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 5

Sorry to hear your state in on a stay at home order now.  Minnesota is my favorite vacation destination.  Hope the state is open in June, but if not we have much bigger problems than a vacation at that point.

Highlighted
Level 15

Yeah, I watched the governor make the announcement this afternoon.  The order starts at midnight Friday.  I have plenty of stuff to pack up and keep me busy from home for the next couple of weeks so it isn't a big deal for me.  Besides, the death rate from the Coronavirus is a little bit higher than any complications coming from not being able to meet with a tax preparer.  

On a side note, where do you vacation in Minnesota?

Highlighted
Level 5

Alexandria.  This would be 59 consecutive years.

Highlighted
Level 15

That's a nice area.  For folks in the Twin Cities, that's considered northern Minnesota.  For us in northern Minnesota, that's considered central Minnesota.😁 

Hopefully things are under control enough so that you don't break your string!