Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance due not electronically deducted on the date I asked for. Federal return was accepted.

Highlighted
Level 1

I electronically filed my federal and NJ returns on April 2, 2020 and I asked for the balance due to be deducted from my bank on April 3, 2020. The balance due was not deducted on April 3, 2020. What if anything can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Give it until Wednesday and see if it comes out....if still nothing, use the EFW phone number and inquire about the payment...it can take 7-10 days to get in the system, but it generally happens quicker than that.

Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 10

IMO a day late is too soon to worry.  I would expect the IRS to withdraw on 4/6.  The state may take even longer.  I know here in VA sometimes they are several days late (but give you credit on the scheduled date so no penalties or interest).

Highlighted
Level 15

I would only be worried if it isn't deducted by July 16th.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 12

On 4/3, your own bank likely considered it Current Activity, and you won't see it "posted" until Monday, 6th. And if you used TurboTax, you are in the wrong place on the internet entirely.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers