Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach a pdf to Illinois efile return

WGM
Level 2

How do I attach a pdf to an e-filed Illinois return.  

The information is on a supporting statement, but it does not appear that  the state receives that statement as part of the e-filing.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Terry53029
Level 12
Level 12

Last year IL took the option to add a PDF away. they relaxed the rules on what you have to attach to the return to e-file. You need to check with them if they need what you are trying to attach.

WGM
Level 2

Thanks for the quick response.  My client has a large real estate tax credit due to sale of property and purchase of new residence which I would like to explain to avoid future correspondence.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 12
Level 12

Add a note on the line of credit and check box on the note pop up window, to print with tax return

IRonMaN
Level 15

But printing with the return is not the same as being included with the transmission.  Preparer notes supposedly are the only non required forms that will get e-filed with a return.  But with all that said, attaching something to the return and someone reading it on the other side of the rainbow isn't the same thing.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
WGM
Level 2

My hope is a human will look at it before they send out a notice.  Probably not likely but I can dream.