Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do diesregarded entities file a form 7004 exgtension request?

mosleycpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. The extension for the owner will cover the disregarded entity.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. The extension for the owner will cover the disregarded entity.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

When in doubt, read the instructions:

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2018/18_568bk.pdf

Extensions

California does not require the filing of written applications for extensions. All LLCs in good standing that are classified as partnerships have an automatic seven month extension to file. If the LLC cannot file its Form 568 by the return’s due date, the LLC is granted an automatic seven month extension unless the LLC is suspended or forfeited.

SMLLCs disregarded for tax purposes will follow the owners original due date and extended due date of the return.

However, the automatic extension does not extend the time to pay the LLC fee or nonconsenting nonresident members’ tax.

If the LLC is filing the return under extension, see form FTB 3537, Payment for Automatic Extension for LLCs, included in this booklet, to submit the required payments.

Rick

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

As Susan says, nope - for Federal.

But you should make sure the state (if applicable) doesn't require a separate extension.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Where is @JustLisaNow?  I need answer for CAL SMLLC and I am SURE she knows the answer!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
ask me....I'm a CA'er
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
locked out again.  
My gut says file CAL 568 extension for SMLLC (why not?). @abctax55 what's your answer?
A NorCal'er, I too should have 55 in my name
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Hmm...I honestly don't know.  All my SMLLC's get done before the deadline, so I've never had to deal with this question.
Lacerte doesn't provide an "option" to file an F 568 extension via the Individual module (which is where I do all my SMLLC.
I like the "why not" position tho...as it IS California 🙂
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
All my SMLLCs get filed by the deadline too.
BUT  Form 3537 is the automatic extension to pay the fees in with for a CA SMLLC.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers