Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 ProSeries Print Order is wrong.

proezeen
Level 1

When I print Filing copy (or Client copy), the print order looks different.

For example, pdf file is created with this order.

Schedule D -> Form 8965 -> Form 8949 -> Form 1116

I don't think this is right order.

Should I fix something in my Pro Series?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone else mentioned a printing order issue after updating their program last week.  In any case, I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over the issue.  I'm sure Intuit will fix it shortly ----------------------------- and then break something else.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
19 Comments 19
BigDarrell
Level 2
I noticed last week that the returns I was printing were coming off the printer out of order as well.  I hope Intuit gets it resolved soon.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone else mentioned a printing order issue after updating their program last week.  In any case, I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over the issue.  I'm sure Intuit will fix it shortly ----------------------------- and then break something else.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Are you paper filing or just printing for the records?  The order is ok except F.8965 should be the last among the four but it is not detrimental even if the return is to be filed on paper.

[Edited: For typo in form number]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

This has been reported to our development team.

0 Cheers
Ahuja--CPA
Level 1
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) any update on this? It's been 3 days now.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
@Ahuja, CPA They fix nothing in 3 days

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I do not have any update at this time, but i am happy to take a look for any updates i may have missed.  Although this is a pain, this doesn't impact the order in which its e-filed so i don't know how high the priority and/or turn around will be.
0 Cheers
Ahuja--CPA
Level 1
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) How do we explain this to our clients who have been waiting to receive a copy of their return for the June 17th deadline? Clients who live outside US
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Your best option would be to print the return and then manually sort the return in the proper order and you should be good to go without impact to the client.
0 Cheers
Ahuja--CPA
Level 1
Wow, print the return, sort the pages manually, and then run the whole return through scanner, about 50-100 pages to generate a correct pdf file to share with clients. Shall we send the bill to ProSeries/Intuit?
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I'm sorry i assumed you meant physically printed copy for the client.  You can still send them the current way (out of order) and then provide an updated version in the proper order at a later date.  Is this just a copy for their records?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Wow, do the clients really care what order the pages are in?  Do they even know what order they are supposed to be in?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ahuja--CPA
Level 1
@IRonMaN You might be dealing with less educated or illiterate clients. Most of my clients are highly educated professionals, executives of multi-nationals, and high net worth individuals. They don't just blindly trust anything you give them. Not just that, my expat client's US tax returns are also reviewed/used by their foreign accountants to prepare local returns reporting global income.
0 Cheers
Ahuja--CPA
Level 1
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) can you please get this expedited? It's high priority for me given that I am so close to the filing deadline for my expat clients.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Ahuja, CPA  - Ok sure, you have the brightest clients of any tax preparer on the face of the earth, but do you really think they are reviewing the return to see what order the pages are in?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
If time is of the essence, and you can't live with the print order, I would print to pdf and move the pages to the proper order.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Ahuja--CPA
Level 1
@sjrcpa Thanks, really appreciate your suggestion. I will have to adopt this workaround if ProSeries doesn't resolve the issue soon. Now thinking to myself, if this software product was worth spending dollar Three Thousand+ (network version) with so many issues arising one after another...and then taking so long to resolve after being reported to Intuit?  One of my previous complaints regarding Intuit Link is still pending after 4 months
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
"They fix nothing in 3 days"

But they can easily breaking things in 3 days.  :smile:
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
ain't that the truth.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers