Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I prepared a tax for a new client, printed and saved. It wasn't in the client anywhere.

jcdtax
Level 1

I cannot locate a new client after I prepared the tax, printed and saved it.  I had to go to the Data18 file but it wouldn't open from there either unless I closed the program first then I found it.  Now I have one client that was on my 1040 tab, I did the new tax, printed and saved it now I can't find it.  When I go to the Data18 file, its there but when I open it, its empty.  Frustrating!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Is it possible the new client is at the bottom of your homebase? 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Is it possible the new client is at the bottom of your homebase? 

0 Cheers
jcdtax
Level 1
No it’s not on the list at all
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Shot in the dark.....happened to me (mustve changed view). Try dummying one up and go through process again. Could be just a fluke.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I did one right after I read your post and there was no issue.
0 Cheers
jcdtax
Level 1
I will try again, thanks!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
:smile: you bet and good luck!:smile:
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
You can do Homebase tuneup for missing files but you should not have to for every new client.  But try it for this one and see whats up.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I don't think ProSeries Basic has tuneup anymore.  A few years ago they added a weird second file for every client that magically makes Homebase populate.

That leads me to think there is something wrong with the program creating that second magical file.
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
If there’s a _ ( blank space or some other error) inadvertently entered preceding the name it will confuse and misfile the account in home base.
If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
jcdtax
Level 1
I agree, there is definitely a program error. I can only locate a new client file if I close the program, go to the data18 folder and open it. Again the program has to be closed. Definitely a program issue since I tried it twice
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Very weird...are you saving to some kind or removable device or direct to the default folder on your harddrive?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jcdtax
Level 1
Directly. I’ve been using the program over 10 years, it’s domething strange
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr)   Ashley, can you help out here please?
If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
jcdtax
Level 1
Thanks
0 Cheers