Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arkansas multi-state apportionment error

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

so trying to complete an Arkansas form 1050 (partnership) and I get the following.  "AR1050 Ptrshp Return of Income p 1-3 line 12=Arkansas. the Arkansas column (lines 12 through 23) should not have a value if Multistate Partnership Apportionment filing status is selected"

I selected multistate apportionment, just like I have for the last several years, but line 12 comes up 'red' as an error. with the above notation, even though there is nothing in the field.  I've tried putting -0- in the field...not a solution, same error comment. I/ve tried backspacing all thru the field..not a solution.  Seems like a programming error, but did not have this problem in prior years.

any Razorbacks out there with a solution?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@IntuitJim   @Orlando   @IntuitAustin 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

@Lassie , @ teenagemutantninjaturtles , @Underdog

Just in case your group doesn't come through, it's good to have a backup list.

Slava Ukraini!
Orlando
Intuit Alumni
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

The development team is looking into this.  Thanks for letting us know.

heidis
Level 3

Per the state instructions, Those lines will remain blank if Multistate Apportionment is chosen. Only Line 24 will show an amount. Everything else will be on Schedule A.

Page 5

APPORTIONMENT INSTRUCTIONS

For Taxpayers with Income from Sources Within

and Without the State

Multistate partnerships should complete Part II and Part III of

Schedule A. The total income taxable to Arkansas from Part

III, Line 9 should be reported on Line 24 Column B of AR1050.

Column A of the AR1050 should be completed by multistate

partnerships. However, Column B, Lines 4-23 will not be

completed for multistate partnerships.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I get that. I've done Part II and Part III.... But I get the error notice and it is linked to  line 12 input box, which is red..which means needs something there...but if you put something there..it then says you can't put anything there because i chose multistate.

Maybe you didn't understand my initial message.

heidis
Level 3

I apologize. I did not completely understand.

I don't see an error message that isn't prompted by the checkboxes. Are there any other checkboxes marked on page 1?

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Not that I can find..... I've done one of these returns for one of my clients for about 10 years..and this year's looks just like last years...except for the error😒.

Gonna put it aside for a day or so... and then maybe these worn-out eyes might notice something i've done to cause this.  Thanks for your response!!

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@SDJayhawk   Anything?   still have this issue

0 Cheers
heidis
Level 3

We're unable to duplicate the error internally. Do you get the same results in other files with similar entries? Are there any overrides in the return? If so, on which lines?

0 Cheers