Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIZONA STATE ERROR 140-AZ ERROR CODE 801

Jill09
Level 2

AZ form 301 requires PDF of form 309 with return.  The PDF is attached when I E-File yet get the error say PDF is required.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
BobKamman
Level 15

What are you trying to attach?  The other state's return?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
when you attach a PDF you have to choose a Type with a Form Description...does it have 309 as a choice?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Jill09
Level 2

no it does not have 309 as a choice

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Form 309 (credit for taxes paid to other state) should be included with the AZ return automatically, its part of the AZ program.....are you sure its not asking you to attach a PDF of the OS (other state) return that goes with the Taxes paid to Other States credit?  OS Tax Return is a choice in the list of Types of files to attach.

0 Cheers
Jill09
Level 2

OS was an option so I attached the 309 PDF and E-Filed, received same reject.  Can someone confirm if I need to attach 309 PDF as well as other state PDF so there would be 2 PDF's attached?  Appreciate the assistance.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont know why you would need to attach the 309, its should already be included in the AZ tax return.

0 Cheers
Jill09
Level 2

I E-Filed attaching a PDF of the 'other state'...it rejected again saying the same 309 PDF required.  I will try again to EF with PDF's of 309 and 'other state.  Fingers crossed.  Appreciate the help.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Which other state is involved? Ive got one or two that have the 309 for California included, I only remember having to attach the pdf of the CA return, I'll try and remember to take a look at them next week See if anything stands out.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

California is one of those weird states that gives nonresidents a credit for resident tax -- so an Arizona resident with California nonresident tax would generally not be filing a Form 309.  So we do need to know which two states are involved, and where the taxpayer is a resident.  The Form 309 doesn't always require a state return -- for example, if the tax paid is foreign tax on dividends. 

0 Cheers