Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are unmasked or unredacted tax return transcripts available?

MariaR
Level 3

Have anyone recently obtained a Tax Return Transcript for a client (or even themselves) that is unmasked/unredacted?

I know we can ask for the wage & income transcript unmasked if it's sent to our secure mailbox via our tax pro e-services account but my client specifically needs the tax return transcript. He's tried thru the Get Transcript online request using his account and has tried the automated system's mail request as well - he still gets a masked version.

Is it just not an option at all either way it's requested? I'm thinking last resort is to tell him to call in and actually speak to someone to ask.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The last ones I requested came unredacted to my TDS secure box, I told them I needed them for tax return preparation and needed the employer EINs to be included.  

I kept an electronic copy and gave the client a printout.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
MariaR
Level 3

Gotcha! So, yes, we have to actually speak to someone and request an unredacted version sent to our TDS secure mailbox.

As for the clients, if they try to do it themselves, they also have to speak to a live rep and request an unredacted version and it will be sent via hardcopy to the address on file.

Thanks again!