Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are they chartering cruises from Turddotaxx over here these days?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't mind an occasional question sneaking in from the dark side of the world but this is just plain ridiculous.  It looks like everybody got off the boat to come and waste our time.  For the millionth time - how hard is it to keep all of the riff raff from posting here?

2020 Federal Tax Refunds being delayed? - Intuit Accountants Community

Barber! Why didn't I think of this before? Getting paid to give out bad tax advice - need I say more? I've run with scissors for years so it is a natural fit.
Labels (1)
32 Replies 32
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
that link doesnt work for me, maybe they removed it

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 14

They have hidden your evidence.   🙂

Yeah, I'm sick of it too, and may be leaving this forum.  I'm not sure if this change was part of the new update or if it has been there for the last year, but the updated "Community Guidelines" specifically state this forum is open to everybody.  If that continues to be the case, it won't be open for me anymore.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

when they start getting unproductive for a professional atmosphere Ive been trying to tag them for removal...looks like I may have done that with this one.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The buried the body along with Jimmy Hoffa?

Like I said, Every once in awhile I don't mind answering a question for someone doing their own return.  But when you get them lining up down the block, it gets old really fast.  Especially for those that feel "entitled" and get a bit of an attitude.  Intuit pushes this place as their first stop for support, and they do nothing to help us.  In fact they do more to hinder us by letting every yahoo with a computer or phone pester us.  It really sucks.

Barber! Why didn't I think of this before? Getting paid to give out bad tax advice - need I say more? I've run with scissors for years so it is a natural fit.
dascpa
Level 8

Also too many newbie's asking questions about ProSeries that are way too basic which means they haven't spent any time learning the program.

Or people who you question if they should be preparing everyone else's taxes as they know nothing about basic tax law.

We all started somewhere but we did our own research first in both the law and in the program.  We've become Siri.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Why spend time learning when Siri is so helpful?

abctax55
Level 15

Why bother learning when "we" so often bail "them" out by answering the basic questions?

I'm all for mentoring fellow tax pro's while they are learning; it gives me pleasure.  PLUS, I had a ton of help when I was starting out of so many decades ago.

But I've stopped answering most of the questions from the one-hit/post wonders unless the wording indicates they ARE a tax pro.  And even then, if it's a question that could easily be answered by just a wee bit of basic research  (such as *maybe* reading the damned instructions ??).

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
TaxGuyBill
Level 14

@abctax55 wrote:

I'm all for mentoring fellow tax pro's while they are learning ...

But I've stopped answering most of the questions from the one-hit/post wonders unless the wording indicates they ARE a tax pro. 

Me too.  That is exactly how I feel.

I'm also starting to wonder if there is website somewhere (reddit?) that tells people to come here for tax questions (and probably tells people to say "taxpayer" to give the impression they are a tax professional).

abctax55
Level 15

Bill, I've noticed that too ("my client/taxpayer") but they usually slip up further in the post.

Those really tick me off; one of the things I really dislike is being treated like I'm stupid.  Even when I am 😂.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
IRonMaN
Level 15

It seems like instead of locking the door, they have put in a bigger entry way and added a neon "welcome sign".  I certainly don't spend my time here trying to help out Intuit, and sometimes it drives me bonkers when folks are afraid to just enter something and see what happens.  But on the flip side I do like to help out folks that try hard but need a little help now and again.  Some of the names I recognize as being regular visitors for a number of years.  I always like helping those folks --------------- it's kind of like lending a hand to a neighbor.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you get this:

Cumulative statistics comparing 2/28/2020 (day 33 of 2020 Filing Season)
AND 2/26/2021 (day 15 of 2021 Filing Season)

(half as many days in the comparable period)

Web Usage: 2020 2021 % change
Visits to IRS.gov 291,906,000 493,500,000 69.1
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

That difference is probably due to preparers checking to see if their clients were scheduled for stimulus payments.

itonewbie
Level 15

It's definitely gotten worse and agree some don't sound legit when they say taxpayer.

Have seen threads literally hijacked by determined DIYers who disregard advices that they're in the wrong place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

But some of those folks say they are in the "right" place since they are allowed to post here.  Thank you to the Intuit No Door Team.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh, you dont want to see the questions asked in the Facebook Tax Professional groups...scary stuff in there!

Apparently people just take a study course and get their EA with no experience and hang a shingle as a tax professional.  Ive seen DIYers using TurboTax that know more than some of the EAs in these groups.

abctax55
Level 15

I asked BettyJo & Austin to close that one before it got ugly.  The jerk that said 'you're wrong, I got MY free money' ticked me off.

TiredFarmer
Level 3

I think all of  you have helped me that is on this thread and I sure do appreciate you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Always a pleasure to help you.  But you should get to bed pretty soon so you aren’t so tired. 😴

TiredFarmer
Level 3

I thought I posted a question but now I can't find it and was just wondering if any of you all were having issues with a capital gain carrying to a Schedule D from an installment sale....it was working last week but now today it is not.  I have tried refresh updates and shutting computer down and I have worked form by hand to make sure I hadn't missed checking something.  Any suggestions and I am sorry this is not where it should be and I am sure I posted someplace but it isn't where my others are.

TaxGuyBill
Level 14

I've seen a couple of other questions asking why the Installment Sale is not going to Schedule D.  I didn't read those posts so I'm not quite sure of the answer, but at first glance it seems like it might be a program error.

abctax55
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/installment-sale-capita...

TaxGuyBill
Level 14

Maybe that was one of them that I saw.  😂

TiredFarmer
Level 3

Sorry that was me.  I couldn't find but I have marked it solved.  

abctax55
Level 15

Except it isn't solved.... I suggest you go back & 'un-solve' it until it gets solved (hopefully, soon.  I'd hate for you to give up farming 😉)

IRonMaN
Level 15

But, but , but, if you unsolve it, that could short me on this month's Intuit bonus 😯

abctax55
Level 15

oops...  sorry....  didn't realize YOU got the solve.  I "know" how important those points/solves are to you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It is really, really important.  I'm trying to save up enough money to go on a trip to Target.  Once in awhile it feels good to mingle with high society instead of just mixing in with the Walmart crowd.  I hope nobody from Walmart sees this ------------------ I would hate to have it impact my new job next month.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I prepared a return earlier this week with an installment sale that started about three years ago and that return worked correctly.  I just checked it now and it hasn't changed.  Was this an existing installment sale or new this year?

TiredFarmer
Level 3

Earlier in the week I had a return with both but today it is some that has started in previous years.  I have been and still on hold with Pro Series but I am wondering if they have not closed because it has been over 2 hours. The one that I had already completed is fine but the one I was working on today doesn't even generate a schedule D even though the installment sale is showing a figure to carry to it. Thanks for any input.  I think I am going to have to practice for me a new job.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would go to bed early and look at it fresh tomorrow, when you aren't so tired.  Take a look just to make sure that you didn't miss checking a box or something along the way.  If it still looks wonky, we can go with plan B.

TiredFarmer
Level 3

Okay this Tired Farmer shut the computer down and took a nap and did the refresh updates again and still nothing carrying to Schedule D or front of 1040....I quick zoomed to another installment sale and entered the information exactly as the one that was already in my return and both forms carried to the Schedule D and front of the return.  I have deleted the new duplicate and my figures are still correct but I am at a loss at what has caused this issue and if someone figures it out I would try my best not to duplicate that mistake!  So Thank you to everyone that has helped me work this out and I hope you all get "points" for solving this.  I really appreciate you.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I though Daylight Savings Time was supposed to help farmers. 😅

ex-AllStar