Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the extenders in the 2019 program yet?

Memik
Level 2

Have the retroactive changes been done to the 2018 program? I have a retroactive residential energy credit and it still says that it is not available.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Still not available, I know there was a yellow banner alert about this not long ago....yes, in the 2018 program on 3/26 they issued an alert about the extenders...did you miss it?   

You can click the red Alert icon on the 2018 toolbar to see the previous alerts.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

The IRS has got a bigger fish to fry at this moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

And it appears they are frying lutefisk when everybody knows you need to boil it.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Still not available, I know there was a yellow banner alert about this not long ago....yes, in the 2018 program on 3/26 they issued an alert about the extenders...did you miss it?   

You can click the red Alert icon on the 2018 toolbar to see the previous alerts.

Memik
Level 2

Thank you for this, and, yes, I did miss this.

And especially thanks for a real answer without all the fish schtix.

0 Cheers
sagarcpa
Level 4

Anyone hear of an update to this topic?  I have many clients that need amending for 2018 and are getting rather tired of my answer that I am waiting on my software...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think 2018 is updated for this now, you may need to use REFRESH updates, rather than the regular Update....I dont think IRS is staffed for processing mailed in returns yet though, so Im not sure if its a great time to mail in an amendment.

sagarcpa
Level 4

Thanks Lisa -

I did the refresh on the updates and a whole lot of queries popped up so I am assuming I have the updates.  I agree about mailing the 1040X now especially after hearing they have trailers of unopened mail but at least I can make the calculations and start making decisions with clients whether or not to amend and have carryovers to their 2019 returns carryover correctly...It would have been nice if ProSeries had done an Alert about this!