Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Explanation Statements efiled with the return?

PatP3005
Level 3

Are Explanation Statements (click EXPLAIN box on form) sent with the efiled return? I've read that Itemization Statements don't and Preparer Notes do but I can't find anything about Explanation Statements. Thx.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatP3005
Level 3

It WILL be e-filed with return. I called support and she verified for me. She said it may not appear in print like it has gone but that it does get sent. Makes sense since the EXPLAIN button is part of the forms. But you know what they say about assuming things...

Thanks for all your responses. Much appreciated 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
PatP3005
Level 3

It WILL be e-filed with return. I called support and she verified for me. She said it may not appear in print like it has gone but that it does get sent. Makes sense since the EXPLAIN button is part of the forms. But you know what they say about assuming things...

Thanks for all your responses. Much appreciated 🙂

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Preparer notes go with the return. Doesn't mean that anyone reads them so you get to respond to the CP2000 as well. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If the "explain" is part of the form itself, I think that it is submitted.  Otherwise, no.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe only the preparer notes get transmitted.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers