Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aptc self employed health insurance 8962

erickodish
Level 3

Is everyone else still getting an error saying the form isn't ready for the aptc on 8962 when their is self employment?   whats the tmeframe for this to be fixed.   Is there a work around?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Ernie
Level 9

Have you read any of the other posts on this subject?

erickodish
Level 3

Yes they say irs guidance was posted not to include the form.  However if i delete the form the program re-ads the form.   I have had problems before with updates not working so i am trying to see if it is resolved.

0 Cheers
JJD753
Level 3

The only problem I've had is when you're taking the self employed health ins deduction. If they would have had to pay any of the subsidy back and now they don't the IRS hasn't updated there system  (so I presume niether has proseries) to figure out the correct deduction. I had two returns rejected because of it. The reject message said the IRS should have it fixed by 4/30. 

gregse
Level 2

Ok it is now May 4th..wondering where that update is

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I don't have any clients with this problem, so this is either a dumb question or a brilliant thought from outside the box.  What happens if you just delete the 1095-A entries, once you have figured out there is no refundable credit?  The program doesn't know the taxpayer had ACA insurance, and the IRS now doesn't care.  

gregse
Level 2

Looks like the software update to fix this was downloaded last night

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Preliminary testing shows that this "fix" screwed things up FAR worse than before.  It no longer does the Iterative calculation for SEHI, so if there is a credit, you are screwed.