Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any efiles stuck at intuit? Specifically CA returns?

I have an elderly client that has his ES payments for CA automatically debited, due tomorrow.  He gets confused when he has to make them himself so for years we have set up auto debit.  His CA return still says, received by Intuit.  I called and the girl said it has not been picked up by CA.  Not for 2 days...hmmm.  🤔  Anyone else having this problem?  (for April 13-14, 2021) 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

California finally accepted it this morning.  I am relieved.  I have never had a CA take so long!  almost 3 days! 

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
540? Did he also have a direct debit of the 2020 balance due? If not, its going to get kicked back, theres something weird about send ES payments for Direct Debit and without also using Direct Debit for the current year balance due.... it doesnt pickup the banking info correctly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

yes, a 540.  He had a $27 refund being applied to the 2021 taxes.  But it still says "received by Intuit".  The girl I called was no help at all.  She just said CA has not picked it up yet.  So what's up? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think thats why, mine were all getting kicked back unless they had a balance due for 2020 as well...they kicked back the next day though, maybe their trying to fix it on their end?

Or try highlighting the file then use Update Acks of Selected returns instead of Receive Acks
and see if that pulls the rejection in.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its super easy to schedule them all on the FTB WebPay website...if you can get it rejected then just do it that way, instead of trying to do it with the return.

California finally accepted it this morning.  I am relieved.  I have never had a CA take so long!  almost 3 days! 

Lisa, that is a wonderful suggestion.  I was worried though if I set them up at FTB that if the return was accepted, (Like it was this morning) that they would withdraw twice. I might look at that in the future when they file it this late again.