Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experiencing IRS acceptance delays today?

cinmon428
Level 7

I will usually get an IRS acceptance for 1040s within the hour and no later than 2 hours. Today (Columbus Day) I've been waiting about 8 hours and still no federal acceptance. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sewcpa
Level 5

mine have accepted as usual today.

But I am having an issue with clients delaying showing up to sign and pay me or returning the signature form. And some delaying returning my phone calls

Good luck on yours

cinmon428
Level 7

Very nice of you to respond. My client’s federal was finally accepted this evening after about 10 hours—highly unusual. For you clients, as long as you’ve emailed/texted warned them about the deadline and potential penalties, you’ve done good. Now it’s up to them. 

PATAX
Level 15

Also when the return is initially transmitted and you get the thumbs-up back saying that it was successfully transmitted you should print that out and save it in the file... Then when the return is accepted by both federal and state you will get another confirmation saying so and you should print that out and save it... If later on the IRS or state says that they did not receive the return then you will have proof that they did indeed receive it.