Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever have an efiled client sit in sent to intuit status for 4 days???

maria
Level 1
all other clients filed afterward have been accepted. No updates COMING THROUGH
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have one stuck since last Tuesday.  Apparently there was some kind of form glitch with the 1099R and 5329 and penalties were being computed incorrectly....these stuck returns are suppose to be rejected at some point early this week so that an update can fix whatever the issue was and the returns can be resubmitted.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
19 Comments 19
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have one stuck since last Tuesday.  Apparently there was some kind of form glitch with the 1099R and 5329 and penalties were being computed incorrectly....these stuck returns are suppose to be rejected at some point early this week so that an update can fix whatever the issue was and the returns can be resubmitted.

0 Cheers
ctalleycpa
Level 3
I just talked to technical support (after waiting an hour on hold) and they told me the same thing.  There is supposed to be an update later today (Monday the 4th), the return will reject, then we can re-submit and all will be well.  Fingers crossed.
0 Cheers
Diannetax
Level 1
No update fixed it today.  Ridiculous!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Later today doesn't necessarily mean an hour later.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Still alot of hours left in the day for an update to be released.

0 Cheers
Diannetax
Level 1
You're correct, there can be more updates.  I can understand glitches in QBI but the 1099R and 5329--those were not broken,  How did they get broken?  We are all dumb sheep.  But we're trapped, so baaaaaaa!  Is it IRS or ProSeries?  If it is ProSeries, not good service.  If it is IRS well can't say much.
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
I believe it is the issuer of the 1099R that is causing the problems.  They are supposed to be issued with code 2 for a conversion to Roth which of course renders 5329 inactive.  Some were issued code 1 and that says "no exception" so naturally 5329 is involved.  Seems the box to designate as Roth conversion even if coded 1 must not be working.    
0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4
The one that I've had stuck since 2/27 had nothing to do with a ROTH conversion.  The taxpayer took an early distribution, the 1099-R was correctly coded with a 1 and the 10% penalty is owed.  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Neither did mine, but I think they scooped up everything with a penalty to make sure nobody fell through the cracks.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Diannetax
Level 1
Mine is the same scenario
0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4
Last time I checked it was MY responsibility to be sure that the return was correct BEFORE I sent it to Intuit.  An incorrect 10% penalty would never have been sent until I fixed it.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yeah, but you obviously don't spend enough time here.  A large portion of ProSeries users blindly trust the software and probably wouldn't know whether or not it was calculated properly.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Diannetax
Level 1
Relax people.  Mine is correct and is still sitting at intuit.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Now you just need a few border collies to push all of the sheep towards that notice :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Diannetax
Level 1
LOL!  Thanks you made my day!  Have a good one!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If this is the new Me-Two movement, sign me up.  Sometimes you just need a little patience this time of year.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Diannetax
Level 1
Hahaha!  I just don't get how the 1099R and 5329 got broken.  Don't have a lot of patience for that.  Not sure where you sign up LOL
0 Cheers